S.C.P.R
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Secure Contain Protect Reconstruct

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Pointless Wandering

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
O.W.

O.W.

Pointless Wandering Empty
PostSubject: Pointless Wandering   Pointless Wandering I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 12:19 am

The wind blows softly over the desolate land now known as the "Great Desert". At least, that's what the wanderer called it. He emerged over the hill he'd been scaling for what seemed like over an hour to him. He had no idea in all truth. the last time he checked a clock it had read four-thirty. That was in a different time. A time that to the wanderer felt like a entirely different life. Back then he had his friends, family, and stability. That was before the disaster occurred. He recalled the day of the event. It all feel so fast at the time, the only thing he could distinctly remember were all the screams of the damned. The only thing he cared about at the time was saving his own ass. Only now did he realize how stupid he had been to do so. He was immediately drawn from his thought by the sharp sound of gunfire, followed by a voice bellowing commands, "Drop the Infected!" The wanderer looked around to realize he was faced with five men, Each brandishing a military grade assault rifle. The wanderer drew his weapon, a rusted old custom Colt M1911. He fired a shot at one of the men, watching him hit the ground with force as the .45 collided with his chest. The Wanderer used this chance to sprint towards one of the men, too preoccupied with checking to make sure his friend was okay, and slid his hidden blade through his neck, watching the blood pour from the wound onto the brass blade. He quickly removed the blade from the man's throat, shoving off and rolling to the side to avoid a shower of bullets from one of the men to his left. He regained his footing and fired another bullet at the man, watching it sink into his arm, giving the Wanderer enough time to line up another shot that managed to strike through the injured man's skull. The last man, the commander by the looks, began shouting at the Wanderer, "You aren't a normal infected. The normal ones are complacent. They go down without a fight. You just took down three of my best men. What the fuck are you?"
    Wanderer approached the man slowly, his head hung low. He reflected on the countless deaths he'd caused in his lifetime. Some more meaningful than others. His voice came in a small whisper, "Me?..I don't even know what I am anymore." He stood before the man now, taking note of how tense he was now. "The best explanation I can give you is that I'm a part of the group that started this whole mess. I didn't start it directly, but I saw what it did. Do you know what it's like to see people dying a million million different ways at once?" The wanderer began to shake with a mixture of grief and anger. "Of course you don't. You're just some god damned fool who came out here to pick off some poor son of a bitch that got infected with 217. Guess what though? Look like the tables got turned today," Wanderer let his left sleeve fall, revealing an arm made entirely of brass. He flick his hidden blade quickly before forcing it into the man's gut. He watched as a spot of blood began to ooze from the deep wound. The man attempted to feebly raise his weapon to fight back against the Wanderer. The weapon was easily knocked from his hand, landing with a soft thud in the sand beside them. The blade as removed from his gut, leaving the man grasping at his side. He slowly fell to his knees, feeling the strength slowly fade from his body as blood flooded between his fingers. He looked up to only be confronted with the barrel of the Wanderer's pistol. "Be happy though," Came Wanderer in a disturbingly cheery voice. "I'm at least letting you die quickly," He pulled the trigger, immediately followed by the sound of the half dead man's skull cracking under the force of the bullet ripping through his flesh. The bullet exploded out of the other end, covered in a mix of blood and brain matter. The now lifeless body fell to the ground with a thud. The snowy white sand beneath the body slowly began to turn a crimson red as the last of the man's blood drained from his body. The Wanderer only grimaced slightly before turning and walking towards his destination once again, leaving the body to the buzzards circling high above.

Last edited by O.W. on Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
...Alice...

...Alice...

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Wandering   Pointless Wandering I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 12:28 am

"You there!" A 16 year old woman walks up from behind him. "Vagabond... Come here!" She is dressed in a formal black gown. A rapier hangs loosely off of a leather belt slung over her shoulder.
Back to top Go down
O.W.

O.W.

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Wandering   Pointless Wandering I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 12:59 am

Wanderer turned to face the new person that had appeared out of seemingly nowhere. "What do you want? Can't you see I'm just trying to pass through here without dealing with anymore people," He said in a gruff voice. He placed his hand on his weapon wearily.
Back to top Go down
...Alice...

...Alice...

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Wandering   Pointless Wandering I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 1:01 am

"Please, you should not draw your weapon. As long as you do not give me a reason to, I will not harm you. Now, it has come to my attention that you have the clockwork cancer..."
Back to top Go down
O.W.

O.W.

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Wandering   Pointless Wandering I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 1:05 am

He slowly loosened his grip on his old pistol, "What do you care about 217? What the hell do you know about the "Clockwork Cancer"? I've carried this virus for a long time..longer than anyone around anymore could comprehend.."
Back to top Go down
...Alice...

...Alice...

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Wandering   Pointless Wandering I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 1:08 am

"I was not sent here. I was curious. How long exactly? Days? Weeks? Months? Have you lost track of the seconds that tick tick tick away in your heart? Or, what's left of it..." She straightens. "I am the Queen of Hearts, offering my help to a lowly Vagabond. You best accept."
Back to top Go down
O.W.

O.W.

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Wandering   Pointless Wandering I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 1:12 am

Wanderer couldn't help but chuckle at the young girl's arrogance, "How long have I had this virus? I'd say, taking into account the distance between the earth and the moon..longer than you've been alive times at least ten. Also, who the fuck do you think you are? "Queen of Hearts"? That is the biggest joke I've ever heard. Where's the mad hatter? is the Cheshire cat going to show up in a minute to give me some cryptic message?"
Back to top Go down
...Alice...

...Alice...

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Wandering   Pointless Wandering I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 1:19 am

"I, at the very least, believe that I am in a higher position than you could ever be. And I am extending a hand. There is something very different about you. Unique, if you will." The tips of her lips curve into a smile. "And I am willing to extend a hand to such an individual."
Back to top Go down
O.W.

O.W.

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Wandering   Pointless Wandering I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 1:27 am

"SO, basically you're telling me that the only reason you're approaching me is because I'm "special"? Also, have you ever thought about what happens when you mess with an old dog? You're liable to get your hand bitten off. Also, Where do you get off assuming that being some self proclaimed queen puts you in a higher place than me?" He takes a step forwards and gestures to her attire, "I must also make a note of your clothes! You're in a fucking dress! How do you expect to be taken seriously in this wasteland? All I see in front of me is some little girl not even out of a training bra."
Back to top Go down
...Alice...

...Alice...

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Wandering   Pointless Wandering I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 1:30 am

She taps the hilt of her sword, her smile growing wider. "I do not want to engage in Hostilities. Cedam et a me bellum relinquetur. I have said nothing to harm you, or your ego. And over hundreds of years, I have started to learn patience... I would like to request you to be more... Plesant."
Back to top Go down
O.W.

O.W.

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Wandering   Pointless Wandering I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 1:38 am

Wanderer gave a small smirk before speaking once more, "Qui non participat in bellum facile solvitur unum. Speak your request so I can be on my way. Your incessant prattling is tiresome enough without you trying to use a dead language as though you're a professor at Oxford."
Back to top Go down
...Alice...

...Alice...

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Wandering   Pointless Wandering I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 1:40 am

"This only makes you more interesting. Do you want to know why?"
Back to top Go down
O.W.

O.W.

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Wandering   Pointless Wandering I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 1:41 am

"If you don't come out with your request in the next minute, I'm going to place a blade through your heart and be on my way. Let's see you survive that O'Great "Queen of Hearts"."
Back to top Go down
...Alice...

...Alice...

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Wandering   Pointless Wandering I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 1:48 am

"You spoke a language over 2389 years old. You referenced an academy over three hundred years old. Not to mention your age is apparently my age multiplied by ten. If you were going by my appearance, 160 years would not be sufficient time between where I hypothesize when you are from. I want to study you. Not the cancer, just you... That is my request... For now..."
Back to top Go down
O.W.

O.W.

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Wandering   Pointless Wandering I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 1:51 am

"Three hundred years since Oxford was in working order? Damn I'm old..I could have sworn it not a day over a hundred an' fifty. I also get the feeling your inviting me to some sort of sexual gesture. Please, iterate a tad bit more on what you mean by, "Studying me"."
Back to top Go down
...Alice...

...Alice...

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Wandering   Pointless Wandering I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 1:59 am

She rolls her eyes. "I am not a "Floozy". Veni Vidi Amavi is not in my nature. Personality. Who you are, not what."
Back to top Go down
Herald VonKraft

Herald VonKraft

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Wandering   Pointless Wandering I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 2:11 am

*Alice receives a quick message on her radio* I need you back here as soon as you can.
Back to top Go down
O.W.

O.W.

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Wandering   Pointless Wandering I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 2:11 am

Wanderer sighed, it was obvious this child wasn't going to leave him alone, "What's in it for me eh? How do you expect me to let some Alice in Wonderland copycat "study me"? Also, if you don't want to be interpreted as a whore, maybe you should try dressing in a less scandalous manner then someone might be able to take you more seriously Miss Hearts."
Back to top Go down
...Alice...

...Alice...

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Wandering   Pointless Wandering I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 2:13 am

"Scandalous? Victorian era clothing is hardly the case..." She looks to her radio. "I am being called away. However. I have eyes on you. Expect me." She says simply as she starts to walk in the opposite direction. "Vale."
Back to top Go down
O.W.

O.W.

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Wandering   Pointless Wandering I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 2:14 am

Wanderer Shouts to her before she can leave, "Was that Vonkraft!?"
Back to top Go down
...Alice...

...Alice...

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Wandering   Pointless Wandering I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 2:17 am

She stops, "Why yes it is... Would you happen to be an old world agent in a world that hasn't progressed for hundreds of years?" Her steps become slower, as if goading him to follow her.
Back to top Go down
O.W.

O.W.

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Wandering   Pointless Wandering I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 2:18 am

Wanderer quickly catches up to her, "Give me that radio." His eyes are ablaze with fury, "Now."
Back to top Go down
...Alice...

...Alice...

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Wandering   Pointless Wandering I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 2:20 am

She extends the radio to him. "I assume you don't remember me?"
Back to top Go down
O.W.

O.W.

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Wandering   Pointless Wandering I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 2:21 am

He snatches the radio from her before pressing the button and speaking in the calmest voice he can muster, "Vonkraft..Is that you?"
Back to top Go down
Herald VonKraft

Herald VonKraft

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Wandering   Pointless Wandering I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 2:21 am

Radio: Well, well... This is a voice I didn't expect to hear from again. Hello, OW.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pointless Wandering   Pointless Wandering I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pointless Wandering
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
S.C.P.R :: Locations :: The Wastes-
Jump to: