S.C.P.R
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Secure Contain Protect Reconstruct

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Reverend Jeremiah

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Reverend Jeremiah

Reverend Jeremiah Empty
PostSubject: Reverend Jeremiah   Reverend Jeremiah I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2014 7:36 pm

The radio, finally tuned off of static, played the same song it did every Sunday morning, at 6am.

Afterwards, the familiar voice of the man whom called himself Reverend Jeremiah begun his message.

"Hello, everybody. As those of you who've tuned in before know, I am Reverend Jeremiah. But those of you who haven't, well there's some information for you.

I know some of you out there wonder who I am, where I came from, what life story God has given to me. Well, those of you who have, I have some excellent news for you. Due to the lack of new happenings out here in the raptured wasteland, I have decided to speak of my life for you all today.

Best not to dawdle around, as we only have an hour here, right? Before all you lovely people go about your daily business under the caring watch of our Lord.

My story begins long ago, back in the relatively untouched woods of Lake (or pond, now) Tahoe, where I was born. There me, and countless other families farmed the land and remaining trees there for anything we could. We made quite a lot of money selling the timber to the families in New Reno, and other places. But, that was before my time.

Not long after I was born, back in 2223, the Lake finally dried up, and the trees wee all nearly deforested. The people in New Reno kicked all us farmers out to allow the land to heal itself. We'd scattered like paper in the wind, everyone going everywhere. That was called the Great Tahoe Exodus of 2230. Raiders, bandits, slavers, and generally nasty people had a field day picking us off and stealing our real-wood wagons. Our family was one of them.

From that day forward, I'd retreated to New Reno, preaching the words of the good Lord, Jesus Christ, until they told me to either leave or be killed. That was when I was about 26. I walked for a fair distance up old Highway 80. I stopped and preached in a few towns along the way, Sagebrush, Fernley, Black Mountain, Frontage, and even Humboldt. All of these settlements and towns kicked me (or, ran me) out of their walls. I eventually setted in old Lovelock, and stayed there for a few years. Until the town was sacked by slavers. I was captured, much like the Israeli people, during their time in Babylon. They were based far up in Oregon, somewhere called Bowden Ranch.

And much like them, when I finally freed myself (using very ungodly techniques), I went back home, only to see it wasn't there anymore. However, unlike them, I didn't stay and rebuild. I left.

And here I find myself, in an old cottage far up high in the mountains.

Preaching to all of you.

Well, that was it for my hour of airtime. I hope you all enjoyed today's story, even if it was slightly egocentric.

God bless you all."

There was a click, and the radio went back to static.
Back to top Go down
Zorua

Zorua

Reverend Jeremiah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reverend Jeremiah   Reverend Jeremiah I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 11:44 am

Welcome aboard sorry it took me so long to Ok this I wanted the other Admin to see you unique idea; I personally love the idea for the wastes to have a radio show.
Back to top Go down
Doctor J Sweets
Admin
Doctor J Sweets

Reverend Jeremiah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reverend Jeremiah   Reverend Jeremiah I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2014 2:45 pm

I agree, the show aspect would be interesting to see, I just wonder where the SCP aspect of the wasteland will come in, i am interested to see your characters future.
Back to top Go down
https://scpr.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Reverend Jeremiah Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reverend Jeremiah   Reverend Jeremiah I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reverend Jeremiah
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
S.C.P.R :: Character Creation :: Wastelanders-
Jump to: